Remove JUST a single KEY, No Filter

For all users, who don`t speak german

Moderatoren: Chris, Sven H

Lios
Anfänger

Beitrag von Lios » 23.04.2006, 22:40

<font size=2>I was wondering if it is possible to remove just a single key without specifying a filter, I want to remove a key in HKLMSoftware without having to scan the entire HKLMSoftware branch since it is HUGE. For example I want to remove JUST HKLMSoftwareBioware but it takes forever to scan the rest of Software, like make it stop when it finds it or something. Any ideas?<br> </font>

Armin
Forum-Gott

Beitrag von Armin » 24.04.2006, 21:31

<font size=2>Hi,<br><br>now that's quite a challenge! - For the moment I can't think of a way to get rid<br>of a registry <b>key</b>. All the methods that come to mind are for deleting<br>entries from specific keys.<br><br>With regedit this task would be a no-brainer - so, as a workaround I suggest<br>this plugin code (which uses the clever execute plugin command to invoke<br>regedit.exe)<br><pre>[Bioware]Info=removes the entire key HKLMSoftwareBioware (including all subkeys)Execute1=regedit /s c: empioware.reg</pre>You will need a file named bioware.reg in c: emp for this plugin to work properly. bioware.reg must contain the following code:<pre>REGEDIT4[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareBioware]</pre>Of course you may change names and locations, this is just an example.<br><br>Maybe someone can think of a better way to do this using regular plugin commands.<br><br>Regards Armin<br> </font>

Chris

Beitrag von Chris » 24.05.2006, 21:45

<font size=2>Moved topic to the English forum.<br> </font><br><hr size="1" color=#0066FF width=150 align=left><font size=2>Chris<br></font><br>

Sven H
Administrator
Beitrag von Sven H » 24.05.2006, 22:44

<font size=2>Hello<br><br>You can delete all Sub-Entries in the Key with this Plugin-Command:<br><br><i>[Bioware]<br>Info=removes the entire key HKLMSoftwareBioware (including all subkeys)<br>Key1=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|SoftwareBioware</i><br><br>If you delete also the key self, you must use this:<br><br><i>[Bioware]<br>Info=removes the entire key HKLMSoftwareBioware (including all subkeys)<br>Key1=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|SoftwareBioware|DeleteMainKey</i><br><br><br><br>Greets Sven<br><br> </font><br><hr size="1" color=#0066FF width=150 align=left><font size=2></font><br>

Armin
Forum-Gott

Beitrag von Armin » 25.05.2006, 11:40

<font size=2><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2> |DeleteMainKey </font></td></tr></table></blockquote>thank you Sven, that's what I missed :wink: <br> </font>

Antworten