file names overwritten?

For all users, who don`t speak german

Moderatoren: Chris, Sven H

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 15.03.2006, 16:43

<font size=2>Does this program also removeoverwrite file names?<br>After running it (overwriting 8x) I was able to see file names of files that were erased. Even worse, these files (I checked the cookies from Internet Explorer) could also be recovered. If that's correct, the program is unreliable.<br> </font>

Armin
Forum-Gott

Beitrag von Armin » 15.03.2006, 18:27

<font size=2><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2> (I checked the cookies from Internet Explorer) </font></td></tr></table></blockquote>Hello,<br><br>and you have just picked the one thing, ClearProg doesn't do by itself :) <br>ClearProg calls on IE itself to remove its traces, so obviously isn't to blame for this one.<br><br>If privacy is a major issue, you might want to look at <br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/">Eraser</a> which truly obliterates things.<br><br>regards<br>Armin<br><br> <br> </font><br><font size=1><i>bearbeitet von <a href="/action=profile&id=67"> Armin</a> am 15.03.2006 18:27</i><br></font>

Chris

Beitrag von Chris » 16.03.2006, 17:39

<font size=2><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2> ClearProg calls on IE itself to remove its traces, so obviously isn't to blame for this one. </font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br>Sure it is. :wink: Clearprog could also locate the path to the cookies folder and delete the contents of the folder. I guess using of iexplore.exe to delete the files is needless.<br><br>@Guest<br><br>Only workaround is to set your cookies folder as own folder in ClearProg.<br> <br> <br> </font><br><font size=1><i>bearbeitet von <a href="/action=profile&id=15"> Chris</a> am 16.03.2006 17:40</i><br></font><br><hr size="1" color=#0066FF width=150 align=left><font size=2>Chris<br></font><br>

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 16.03.2006, 18:22

<font size=2><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2><br><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2> ClearProg calls on IE itself to remove its traces, so obviously isn't to blame for this one. </font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br>Sure it is. :wink: Clearprog could also locate the path to the cookies folder and delete the contents of the folder. I guess using of iexplore.exe to delete the files is needless.</font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br>Well, in my humble opinion it would make much more sense to let ClearProg do the job by itself if that's what it takes to enable overwriting of the IE cache (and other Windows items like the recycle bin???).<br>I fail to see why this would be less important than filesfolders
egistry items that other programs leave behind?<br><br>[Chris]fixed quotation :wink:<br><br><br><br> </font><br><font size=1><i>bearbeitet von <a href="/action=profile&id=15"> Chris</a> am 16.03.2006 18:28</i><br></font>

Chris

Beitrag von Chris » 16.03.2006, 18:30

<font size=2>I fully agree, I <a target="_blank" href="http://17993.forum.onetwomax.de/topic=1 ... 1">already made a request</a> in the ClearProg forum.<br><br>But Sven is very busy at moment, don't expect any change in near future. :)<br> <br> <br> <br> </font><br><font size=1><i>bearbeitet von <a href="/action=profile&id=15"> Chris</a> am 16.03.2006 18:34</i><br></font><br><hr size="1" color=#0066FF width=150 align=left><font size=2>Chris<br></font><br>

Antworten