"Preview" work, "Clear" doesn"t

For all users, who don`t speak german

Moderatoren: Chris, Sven H

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 15.03.2006, 10:58

<font size=2>1.4.2 beta 9<br><br>Hello,<br><br>Why is it that some files show up in the preview (=they should be deleted), but are not actually deleted when using the "Clear" option? I.e. they are still there after running the program. How is that possible?<br> </font>

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 15.03.2006, 12:12

<font size=2><br>Which file should be delete ?<br>Please activate the errorlog and show in the errorlog after clearing.<br> <br><br> </font>

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 15.03.2006, 12:40

<font size=2>Well, obviously these files don't show up as erased files in the log, because they are stil there.<br><br>Something else: when I select an "own folder"this isn't erased either.<br> </font>

Armin
Forum-Gott

Beitrag von Armin » 15.03.2006, 18:11

<font size=2><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2> when I select an "own folder"this isn't erased either </font></td></tr></table></blockquote>Hello,<br>the folder itself isn't supposed to be erased - only its contents.<blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2> some files show up in the preview </font></td></tr></table></blockquote>Could you please give some more details? - "some files" isn't very specific.<br><br>regards<br>Armin<br> </font>

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 16.03.2006, 11:55

<font size=2>It seems the program won't erase files on my system.<br><br>-"Send to" doesn't work<br>-"Own folder" or a modified
ew plug-in don't work.<br><br>"Some files" could be anything really. I added the trash folder from my e-mail program to the list. First "Own folder" and after that as a new plug-in. On both occasions the files in that folder show up in the Preview, but are not deleted when actually running the program.<br>Because this didn't work, I tried some more folders with very "easy to erase" files in them (like text files).No success there either.<br><br>I also modified two plug-ins, because the programs were in different locations on my system.<br>1. I changed the path to an .ini file. That worked,it was updated correctly by ClearProg.<br>2. I changed the path to a few files. That didn't work, files not erased.<br><br><br> </font>

Chris

Beitrag von Chris » 16.03.2006, 17:10

<font size=2>Please provide more informations. Wich mailprogram are you using? Remember, own folders option in ClearProg deletes just the contents of the folder, not a specific file. Eg. the trash folder of Thunderbird is a .msf file.<br><br>Wich kind of files do you want to erase via SendTo?<br>Some files maybe write protected by windows, so it's not possible to delete them. Cannot reproduce with several files, works fine here.<br><br><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2>I also modified two plug-ins, because the programs were in different locations on my system. </font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br>Please tell me wich plugins won't work on your system. So I'm able to take a look at the plugins and maybe modify the source code of the plugins, so that they run on English systems, too.<br> <br> <br> <br> </font><br><font size=1><i>bearbeitet von <a href="/action=profile&id=15"> Chris</a> am 16.03.2006 17:13</i><br></font><br><hr size="1" color=#0066FF width=150 align=left><font size=2>Chris<br></font><br>

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 16.03.2006, 18:13

<font size=2>The program didn't work like it should (at least not here). Therefore I've done quite a bit of testing with "simple files" (.txt, for example) and folders. Unfortunately with the same result, so the cause of the problem is definitely not the files I want to erasedelete. These files are not being used by Windows or another process.<br><br>The program simply won't erase any files, whether it is through Send to, Own Folders or plug-ins I add or modify. Odd but true.<br> </font>

Antworten