Clearprog shows up on taskbar, but does not work

For all users, who don`t speak german

Moderatoren: Chris, Sven H

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 06.06.2005, 23:04

<font size=2>Hi,<br><br>I have a problem with clearprog program. It showed up on the startup bar, but when<br>I clicked on it nothing happended. I tried install and unstall the program, and nothing<br>would remove the icon. Please tell me how to solve this problem.<br><br>Pete<br> </font>

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 07.06.2005, 23:44

<font size=2>This is the summary of the problem<br>After I uninstall the program, the program icon stills exist on the notification area (Right side of the task bar). Nothing would happand when I click on it. When I use the task manager, it says that the program is not responding. After I forced close the program, it would come back after 15 minutes. I have tried using several uninstaller programs to remove it, but it does not help. I check the directory and the folder for the program is not there. Then, I use msconfig to check if the program is running under the background, I still couldn't find it. I restart the computer, and it would come back everytimes.<br><br>Please let me know if you can help. <br><br> </font>

Armin
Forum-Gott

Beitrag von Armin » 08.06.2005, 00:28

<font size=2>Hi Pete,<br>please give some more details about your operating system and the version of ClearProg involved.<br>I'm most intrigued by the "flash-back" effect you are describing - please tell us more!<br>1. did you use an installer version of ClearProg?<br>2. if yes:<br>- what location did you install ClearProg into?<br>- is the ClearProg.exe still in this directory after you did an uninstall?<br>3. how long have you been using your computer before you installed ClearProg?<br> (Windows and IE can accumulate a tremendous amount of data over the years<br> which would take ClearProg quite some time to get rid off if you choose the<br> "clear all" option)<br>4. talking about options: what options of ClearProg did you choose?<br><br>Armin<br> <br> </font><br><font size=1><i>bearbeitet von <a href="/action=profile&id=67"> Armin</a> am 08.06.2005 18:00</i><br></font>

Chris

Beitrag von Chris » 08.06.2005, 00:36

<font size=2><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2>After I uninstall the program, the program icon stills exist on the notification area (Right side of the task bar </font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br>Maybe I'm a little bit tired, but I'm not aware, that ClearProg is shown in the systray? :??: <br> <br>Don't clear everthing, try to select every single entry, so we'll see, on wich entry ClearProg hangs.<br><br>Also make sure, that no program is running during the erase proceeding (e.g. Mozilla or OpenOffice Quickstart). <br> <br> <br> </font><br><font size=1><i>bearbeitet von <a href="/action=profile&id=15"> Chris</a> am 08.06.2005 00:40</i><br></font><br><hr size="1" color=#0066FF width=150 align=left><font size=2>Chris<br></font><br>

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 09.06.2005, 09:55

<font size=2><blockquote><table width="95%" class="tabelle" border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4><tr class="hintergrund" bgcolor=FFFFFF><td><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial"><b>Zitat:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp</b></font><font size=2><br>Hi Pete,<br>please give some more details about your operating system and the version of ClearProg involved.<br>I'm most intrigued by the "flash-back" effect you are describing - please tell us more!<br>1. did you use an installer version of ClearProg?<br>2. if yes:<br>- what location did you install ClearProg into?<br>- is the ClearProg.exe still in this directory after you did an uninstall?<br>3. how long have you been using your computer before you installed ClearProg?<br> (Windows and IE can accumulate a tremendous amount of data over the years<br> which would take ClearProg quite some time to get rid off if you choose the<br> "clear all" option)<br>4. talking about options: what options of ClearProg did you choose?<br><br>Armin<br> <br> </font></td></tr></table></blockquote><br><br>This are the details about my computer.<br>1. I believe that the version I use was the lastest one (Most likely 1.14). I install it about a month ago. <br>2. The location of the program should be the default location (C:/clearprog). The folder was removed when I did an uninstall.<br>3. I reformatted my computer about 3 months ago. Most of the program I commonly used are Firefox, IE, Office Suite, and my OS is XPhome<br>Note: I think I use the program once when I install it. After I uninstall the program with xp's program removal tool, the icon on the task bar still show up, but I cannot see the program on xp's program removal tool. The removal program that picks up the program and did a second unstallation was Ashampoo Uninstaller Platinum Suite that I DL from download.com. As this time, the program show up every time I turn on my computer. It still shows on task manager as Non responding program. The program would pop up and disappear almost every 10 minutes.<br><br> </font>

Armin
Forum-Gott

Beitrag von Armin » 10.06.2005, 09:26

<font size=2>Pete,<br><br>this is all very strange! Have you ever searched your harddrive for the ClearProg.exe<br>executable?<br>The taskbar thing is a mystery as well - to my best recollection, ClearProg has no<br>"sit-in-the-taskbar-and-popup-every-10-minutes-option" :wink:<br> <br>You might want to check out the various autostart locations of Windows. <br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/A ... utoruns</a> is a great freeware tool from SysInternals, that will help you get to the bottom of this.<br><br>Armin<br> </font>

Gast

Beitrag von Gast » 23.06.2005, 07:05

<font size=2>Hi,<br><br>I solves the problem. It seems that there is .exe file in my other folder. On All-in-one secret maker program folder. I guess the program make a copy of .exe file and run it now and then.<br>I delete the file, and now it's working fine. Thank for your help.<br><br><br><br> </font>

Armin
Forum-Gott

Beitrag von Armin » 23.06.2005, 13:23

<font size=2>Thanks for the feedback.<br><br>Take care!<br>Armin<br> </font>

Antworten